This position is for a Firmware / Software development engineer based in Santa Ana, CA. The primary function is developing firmware intensive sensor products with a focus on high accuracy, wired and wireless technologies and low power operation.
Develop products with rich firmware capabilities to as part of a growing family of plug and play, highly connected sensor devices.
Develop firmware and software to support range of sensor technologies with innovative connectivity and plug and play solutions.
- Work with hardware engineers to validate sensor measurement techniques and accuracy.
- Work with marketing and manufacturing to establish product specifications, test procedures and manufacturing test / processes that will allow high volume production of sensor devices.
- Develop MVP product concept demonstrations are part of Agile development process.
- Assist in preparation of compliance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing measurement data and trends.
- Education, Experience and Knowledge:
- B.S. Degree in Software, Firmware or Electrical Engineering is required.
- Strong working knowledge in software and firmware engineering and related activities.
- Minimum of five years in Research and Development Engineering in measurement and process control instrumentation or related field.
- Sound knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering theory.
- Familiar with ISO 9001 requirements for Design Stages of Products.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- MSP430: 1 year
- Process Control Instrumentation (sensors) industry: 1 year
- c++ programming: 1 year
- agile environment: 1 year
- sensors in automotive or medical: 1 year
- owning project from start to finish: 1 year
- electrical field (hardware) then has moved into programming: 1 year
- multithreaded applications (ex: RTOS): 1 year