Company Overview :
In the past six years, Zoro US has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 240+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 1,700,000 unique products. We’ve been successful in growing in large part due to our team.
The Senior User Experience Architect will function as the driving force of usability and interaction strategy on the Zoro.com team by combining wisdom gained from user research, understanding of business initiatives, and deep knowledge of user-centered design methods to create infrastructure that supports intuitive customer interaction. The Senior User Experience Architect has the ability to work in great detail but can also focus on broader strategy. The ideal candidate will be a demonstrated thought leader in the fields of information architecture, user experience design, and usability. He or she will work closely and successfully with all personalities and levels to support ground-breaking functionality and design.
- Create strategy and recommendations for additions and enhancements to the website and its infrastructure while balancing business initiatives and technological capabilities.
- Lead wireframing and prototyping efforts for browse, search, and transactional experiences for the website.
- Determine the factors which influence customer goals, experiences, and needs; determine what mental models users create while using Zoro.com.
- Develop labeling, navigation and site structures to support usability and findability.
- Work closely with the Sr. Manager, User Experience, Graphic Designers and Developers to develop an action plan including design strategy, process, and schedule.
- Mentor entry-level members of the user experience team in best practice and new techniques.
- BS/BA degree or higher in design, technology, psychology, human factors or HCI is preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in user interface design, information architecture, interaction design, human factors, and other related UX disciplines.
- 7+ years’ experience with usability testing including preparation, execution, and analysis
- 5+ years’ experience creating, implementing, and measuring multivariate tests.
- 5+ years’ experience creating architecture, interaction, and/or design for responsive sites, mobile and tablet experiences, and applications
- 3+ years’ experience in online retail, must have a strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (eg: wireframes, user flows, site maps, research, etc.)
Job Type: Full-time
- Buffalo Grove, IL
- Usability Testing: 7 years
- Information Architecture: 7 years
- creating architecture, interaction, and/or design: 5 years