In the past six years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 225+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 1,70,000 unique products.
- Lead the creation and evolution of a unique look and feel for Zoro.com that supports our brand identity, and create a ground-breaking online retail experience in the MRO space.
- Design refined layouts, graphical elements, and high fidelity prototypes from wireframes and product specifications without requiring a high level of review.
- Lead the design of highly complex requests and assist those working on less complex requests.
- Mentor junior level designers by providing guidance and creative direction.
- Maintain the current style guide and identify new or updated elements that will be included in future guides.
- Work closely with stakeholders from User Experience, Searchandising, Development, and Brand Marketing teams to support improvements and initiatives.
- Confidently present your work or the work of your team to internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, or related field is preferred or equivalent professional experience.
- 7+ years directly related, professional web design experience, especially for responsive and mobile Ecommerce websites
- Expert knowledge of industry standard prototyping tools like Axure, InVision or other
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Experience with delivering designs in an agile environment
- Experience using JIRA or other issue ticketing systems
- Excellent visual design skills
- Experience with A/B testing implementation
- Job Type: Full-time
- Buffalo Grove, IL
- SEO: 3 years
- responsive web design: 7 years