Prosper is built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those that have money to invest. Prosper is an online marketplace that gives borrowers access to individual and institutional investors.
What We Need
We are looking for a Senior Information Security Engineer, who has a passion for security and possesses both a deep and wide expertise in data and infrastructure security spaces. This individual will be a core member of the security team and will work cross-functionally to prevent, detect and responds to threats that may arise against our infrastructure.
What You Will Do
- Research and PoC security technologies and solutions, recommend best solution/products suited for Prosper environment
- Architects security solutions and technically lead their implementation from end to end
- Operate, maintain and enhance policies on security tools such as Qualys, Websense, Sourcefire, Tripwire, Imperva, Cyberark, Carbonblack, Cyphort, Gemalto Safenet, IBM Qradar etc.
- Perform threat management and handle security incidents- monitor security events, identify any abnormal/malicious behavior, investigate, triage and respond to security incidents
- Enhance SIEM and other monitoring tools to better co-relate security events and weed out false positives
- Work with MSSP to expand 24x7 SIEM too monitoring for security events
- Works with Prosper’s technical operations teams to identify and remediate infrastructure and data security related vulnerabilities
What You Will Need To Have
- InfoSec focused work experience 4+ years.
- Experience and passion for implementing new tools, automating current processes and designing new processes
- Industry certificates: CISSP, OSCP, CEH, RHCE, MCSE, VCP, CCIE/CCNP etc. are big plus.
- Knowledge of network and/or web relates protocols TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, etc.
- Skilled on network, firewall, Linux OS and windows OS administration
- Good understanding on risk model and can provide solid advices to mitigate related risk.
- Understand the security solution landscape to identify, protect, detect, response, recover from security issues/vulnerabilities
- Team oriented worker and persistent on follow-up to close the loop on open tasks
What’s In It For You
In addition to working for a world class FinTech company and having a lot of fun doing it, Prosper provides it’s employees an excellent compensation and benefits plan. The plan includes incentive bonuses, stock options, company paid health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation time, 401k with employer match and even fitness reimbursement and commuting reimbursement benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
- Enterprise level Siem project management from Soup to Nuts: 1 year