Business Systems Analysis and Requirements Management
- Quickly understands clients’ business issues and technical challenges as well as their organization and industry.
- Collaborates with client Product Owner to understand and define the product roadmap and minimum viable product (MVP) for a project. Understands and supervises the production of requirements, specifications, and recommendations related to proposed solutions.
- Reviews, analyzes and revises requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions.
- Creates and delivers quality requirements of all types – business, stakeholder, functional, non-functional and transition - for software solutions.
- Expertly documents and refines requirements in the models appropriate for the client and project, e.g., user stories & acceptance criteria, scenarios and use cases, data models, data flow diagrams, process models, scope models, sequence diagrams, state diagrams, API documentation, etc.
- Ensures deliverables meet quality standards.
- Reviews and ensures the quality of both internal-facing and client-facing deliverables.
- Understands the software development lifecycle.
- Coaches team through best practices in requirements management.
Consulting and Client Relationship Management
- Understands the business domain and technical domain well enough to understand and respond to domain-specific risks.
- Develops strong relationships with client stakeholders, leading to partnership and collaboration around requirements risks and issues.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify business needs and evaluate solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in client processes and tactfully advocates for action.
- Facilitates team and client meetings.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Facilitates decision making, conflict resolution and clear understanding of trade-offs.
- Acts as a liaison between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Identifies, manages and resolves critical issues with ease.
- Exhibits confidence and knowledge of industry practices when resolving project issues.
Culture and Leadership
- Leads by example.
- Takes responsibility for personal performance and success.
- Demonstrates action orientation by moving decisively, learning from mistakes, and taking initiative.
- Communicates and listens actively to build relationships and eliminate misunderstandings
- Strives to set the standard and perform at the highest level in all activities.
- Provides constructive feedback to team, peers and senior management in order to drive personal, professional and organizational growth.
- Possesses an expert understanding of software requirements management, and a solid understanding of user experience design, application programming and system design.
- Has a high level understanding of software systems and architectures.
- Proven in-depth, hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum/Lean software development methods, including the ability to lead and execute all software requirements/backlog management activities.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ethical, organized and trustworthy.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to teach/mentor others around best practices in business systems analysis and requirements management.
- Experience in using/administering an issue management system (Jira, Rally, VersionOne, etc.).
- Certification in business analysis (CCBA, CBAP, PMI-PBA) are a big plus.
- Certification in agile disciplines (PMI-ACP, CSPO) are a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Portland, OR
- Software Development: 4 years
- Business Analysis: 6 years