Catalyte is a fast-growing company with development centers in Baltimore, Maryland and Beaverton, Oregon providing onshore Agile application solutions nationwide. Using a Moneyball-like, analytics-based approach to team assembly that is optimized to fit with each client’s organizational culture, Catalyte offers highly effective teams that can collaborate face to face at any client site across the US, or communicate in real time from its development centers.
We want to work with someone who is:
- Friendly, with strong communication skills.
- Able to thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Driven to learn new technologies and solve challenging problems.
- Open to solving problems in a new way
- An efficiency-minded engineer.
- Passionate about creating and optimizing the most efficient software.
- Work in an Agile environment
- Ensure that the team is following best practices for Agile/scrum
- Ensure that the team meets sprint commitments, and that the work they are doing is top priority as defined by the Product Owner
- Facilitate and/or participate in Agile/scrum rituals such as sprint planning, backlog grooming, estimation and pointing, etc
- Facilitate code reviews and manage pull requests * Design & develop scalable and high-quality cloud-based applications on AWS platform while optimizing usage of AWS for cost.
- Part of the development team migrating existing systems to AWS as well as build new systems on AWS.
- Lead the effort in setting up consistent practice CI/CD pipeline and practice within the team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver solutions that are of high quality, scalable, reliable and extensible.
- Deliver timely project execution and project work products that exceed customer expectations
- 7+ years experience Software Development building complex, robust, and highly scalable production applications
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with developing solutions utilizing the Amazon web services stack (Lambda, Elastic Cache, EC2, Elastic BeanStalk, DynamoDB, etc)
- 1+ year of hands-on experience with back-end application development in Node JS, particularly using microservices architecture
- Experience creating Ansible playbooks for cloud deployment and management
- Experience in full stack development, i.e. you can understand and communicate a feature from model to endpoint to the front-end
- Strong DevOps experience in setting up CI/CD using a tech stack such as Git, Jenkins, Maven, AWS etc.
- Experience with relational database systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, or Sybase, as well as NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or Cassandra
- Experience with Test Driven Development and test automation such as Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium, and Cucumber
Job Type: Full-time
- Portland, OR
- AWS: 3 years
- Software Development: 7 years
- Node.js: 2 years