Who Are We?
Prosper is built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those that have money to invest. Prosper is an online marketplace that gives borrowers access to individual and institutional investors.
What We Need
We are seeking a Senior Application Security Architect who will be the technology lead driving the architecture for the Application and Infrastructure security at Prosper.
What You Will Do
- Take a lead role in assessing and defining the security architecture
- Responsible for executing security related projects and programs
- Closely collaborate with the engineering teams and drive key design choices made in the implementation of the product on a day-to-day basis
- Integrate threat modelling, security tools, standards, and processes into the product lifecycle (PLC)
- Drive security integration to CI/CD processes
- Continuously evaluate, design and implement security solutions to improve the confidentiality, integrity and/or availability of the technology platform and customer data
- Act as SME on multiple information security areas such as Network-Based Controls (i.e. Firewalls, Proxies, etc.), Data Protection, IAM, Endpoint Controls, Vulnerability Management, and Application Security
- Manage and lead the investigation and resolution of security incidents as needed
What You Will Need To Have
- 7+ years of experience in security engineering/architecture roles
- Candidates must be able to explain all vulnerabilities and weaknesses in the OWASP Top10, CWE25 to any audience and discuss effective defensive techniques
- Experience with API security and related technologies such as OAuth and OpenID
- Expertise with several key security technologies – Cisco Security products, Next-generation firewalls – Palo Alto Networks, DLP tools, SIEM, IDS/IPS, Certificate and key management tools, etc.
- Candidates must have experience managing and planning multi‐year roadmaps
- Experience in handling security projects
- Self-drive, with an ability to approach problems in an innovative way and with a can-do attitude
- Security or Network certification is desirable
- Full Time Employment