Outside Sales Representative for one or more of the following areas:
- New Jersey
*This person will be expected to report to the office in Philadelphia once a week.*
If you have some existing business or accounts that you can bring with you, this may be your opportunity for success!
We are a 100+ year young manufacturer and distributor of industrial, maintenance, safety and MRO supplies serving manufacturing, contractor, commercial, service and institutional accounts.
Alphasource® has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. We are in search of an energetic hunter with an enthusiastic attitude, and an eagerness to succeed.
This position will focus on increasing our customer base in addition to maintaining existing business, as well as calling on key accounts to penetrate the market. The position requires someone who is going to actively pursue new business via solution selling, competitive pricing, and a variety of product offerings.
- Execute marketing plans to support the penetration of key market segments in collaboration with our Sales Team and outside vendors
- Provide solution selling opportunities to current and new customer opportunities
- Improve / grow market share in designated territory to established financial targets
Qualified candidates will have:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College experience
- Minimum of two years industrial or commercial sales experience
- Product knowledge
- Computer experience (Word, Excel and Outlook a must)
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to work independently
- Able to travel throughout the territory, some overnight travel required.
- Salary + Commission based on your sales performance
- Professional Customer Service support
- Print materials including our own Industrial/Commercial Catalog, sales fliers and supplier catalogs.
- 50,000 stock items as well as unlimited non-stock opportunities
- Supplier sales support
- Sales support from Alphasource® management
- Possible opportunity for Account Manager status in the future
- Come to work in an environment that recognizes and rewards individual initiative and achievement. We provide the environment and tools you need to advance your individual talents and professional interests.
Job Type: Full-time
- Philadelphia, PA
- Prospecting: 1 year
- Outside Sales: 1 year
- Custodial Supplies: 1 year
- selling to manufacturers: 1 year
- Industrial Sales: 1 year
- Industrial Maintenance and/or Safety Supplies: 1 year
- Cold Calling: 1 year
- Route Sales: 1 year
- Business Development: 1 year
- Consumable Product: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License