Responsible for all areas of accounting, including but not limited to, financial reporting, financial and operational analysis, ad-hoc reporting, budgeting, forecasting, internal and external audits and general ledger.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes the monthly general ledger closing process, including journal entry preparation, account reconciliations and analysis.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and management reporting, including variance analysis and explanation of operating results.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of internal/external financial reporting in accordance with required accounting principles and in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist in the annual budget preparation, including variance analysis
- Assists with monthly forecasts and analysis.
- Supervision of accounts receivable and payable teammates.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting. Five or more years of accounting experience.
- CPA and/or Masters Degree preferred but not required
- Ability to effectively present complex information clearly in one-on-one and small group situations to management and other employees of the organization.
- Knowledge of GAAP and Financial Statement preparation.
- Sound technical knowledge of budgeting and financial analysis processes.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Access) PC, accounting software, report writing and the ability to write Ad-hoc queries.
- Accounting: 5 years
- data/database management: 1 year
- Auditing: 1 year
- Budgeting: 1 year
- general ledger administration: 1 year
Required license or certification: