At Smokeball our first priority is the success of our employees and our clients. Smokeball itself is a productivity software made to help small law firms and individual lawyers manage and execute their work
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, proactive, highly organized, Microsoft Word-loving team player, and should excel at creative thinking, research, and juggling multiple priorities. This role is client-facing but also acts as a support resource for our Client Success Managers, Support, and Sales teams. This role is an in-house position Monday – Friday.
Over the course of a week your responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Document automation and maintenance
- Learn to convert documents from PDF to Word following our internal processes.
- Allocate conversion projects to and QA converted documents from third-party sources.
- Automate Court/Authority forms according to specifications.
- Review and analyze the above forms in terms of relevance, automation, and use.
- Maintain our library of Court/Authority forms and ensure their currency.
- Manage the automation workflow for client-requested forms assigned to you from start to finish.
- Visit and/or call clients to obtain their feedback regarding Smokeball’s Court/Authority forms.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE/HAVE:
- Experience using or exposure to one or more of the following document automation/assembly tools: Hot Docs, Active Docs, Exari, iManage, Pathagoras, Pro Docs, The Form Tool, The Form Builder
- Minimum of 1 or more years working in a Law Firm.
- Experience researching legal issues and preparing legal documents, including pleadings, letters, and Court/Authority forms.
- A Microsoft Word expert.
Job Type: Full-time
- Chicago, IL
- Law firm: 1 year
- Estate Planning/Probate: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Juris Doctorate